Iredell-Statesville Schools releases state testing data
Special to SVLfreenews.com
Iredell-Statesville Schools released results of its North Carolina test scores on Wednesday.
Deputy Superintendent Melanie Taylor said she was pleased with the results.
“As a district we are proud of the improvements that we saw last year, especially the district overall improvements at the elementary level," Taylor explained. "We feel that our Multi Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) processes are really beginning to make a difference. We still have some areas for improvement and our schools are already digging in to identify gap areas, refocus the curriculum and provide interventions.”
Iredell-Statesville Schools Highlights
I-SS touted the following achievements:
• 17 (47%) of our schools received a grade of "A" or "B" for the 2018-2019 school year.
• 12 of our schools (33%) exceeded their growth expectations for the 2018-2019 school year.
• Six of our schools received a grade of "A" based on recently released test scores.
• Central Elementary exceeded growth and moved from a report card score of "B" to an "A."
• Scotts Elementary exceeded growth and moved from a report card score of "C" to an "B."
• Harmony Elementary and Third Creek Elementary have exceeded growth five years in a row.
• East Iredell Middle School exceeded growth.